In the spirit of giving to those in need, regardless of borders, Indivisible Ramona is hosting a donation drive for refugees from Central America. These men, women, and children have made a dangerous and horrendous journey to seek asylum, having escaped violence and extreme poverty. The following is greatly needed:
- tents, tarps, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, blankets,
- diapers, baby wipes, lip balm, lice shampoo, hygiene products (shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, TP, etc.),
- Clothing: underwear socks, warm clothes (adult small or medium & children’s sizes),
- large pots, pans, reusable plates, coffee makers, dishwashing detergent, sponges, multi-use cleaners, Clorox wipes,
- materials for art workshops and books,
- baby food, formula, rice, beans, lentils, pasta, tortillas, oatmeal, chicken broth, bread, coffee, cooking oil, sugar, spices, condiment, vinegar, water, and other canned or dry foods.
Please bring your donations to the Ramona Library Community Rm., Saturday, December 15, 9:30 am – 12 noon
- Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 6:00 PM–8:00 PM: Escondido City Council Installation Ceremony at Escondido City Hall, Council Chambers, 201 North Broadway, Escondido, CA 92025.
- Saturday, December 15, 2018, 9:30 AM - 12 Noon: Indivisible Ramona Donation Drive for Border Refugees at the Ramona Library Community Rm. See the website for donation list: indivisibleramona.com
- Saturday, January 19, 2019, 10: AM - 5 PM: Third Annual Women's March in Washington D.C
About US - Who we are and what we do?
We are a grassroots, non-partisan organization comprised of Ramona residents who care about protecting the values that are fundamental to our country. That includes challenging the policy and actions from our current administration through a truly American, democratic process. We meet monthly to learn, express, and work on various projects and committees. We make calls, send emails/letters, attend rallies/marches, engage in community outreach, and more. The amount of activism is up to you.
If you want a to have a voice during these tumultuous times, come to a meeting - 4th Sunday/month. 12:30-2pm Ramona Library Community room.